Week of October 21, 2019
Sound we are learning: Rr and Mm
Tricky Word of the Week: is
Practicing current and previous tricky/sight words is essential to mastery of them.
October Word Families: -in
Important Dates to Remember:
- Monday, October 21st – Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Tuesday, October 22nd – Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Friday, October 25th – All School Bingo and COGS store
- Thursday, October 31st – Halloween Parties (Remember only parents signed up to help will be allowed in for the party.)
- Wednesday, November 6th – Parent/Teacher Conferences (normal 1:45 dismissal)
- Thursday, November 7th – 11:30 dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 8th – No School (non-attendance day)
What is Blending?:
Blending is the process of saying the individual sounds in a word and then running or stretching them together to make the word. For instance, blending or sounding out /s-a-t/ and making sat.
We are blending sounds together in phonics to make words. This is an important reading technique that improves with practice. We will work on this skill all year.
Topic 4: Compare numbers 0 to 10. The focus of this topic to count the number of objects in two or three groups and determine which is greater, less than and/or equal.