January 27, 2020
Sounds we are learning: Zz and Ww
Tricky word of the Week: said
January Word Family: -ing
Dates to Remember:
- January 31 - 100th day of Kindergarten
- February 10 - Jump rope for heart in PE
- February 14 - Six Flags reading log deadline
- February 14 - Valentine's Day parties in the morning
- February 13 and 14 - 11:30 dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences
Math: In topic 8, we will be focusing on more addition and subtraction. Students will need to understand the difference between the plus and minus sign. When practicing at home alternate between addition and subtraction. Use words like "take away" or "how many are left" for subtraction. Use words like "more" or "joined" for addition. Say a word problem then have your child solve.
Weekly Blending Homework:
- We hope you are enjoying assisting your child with his/her blending words.
- Focus on the level of blending that your child is at and start at that level.
- Remember that your child needs to practice each list of blending words 3 different times, please date and sign the form and then return it.
- Once the blending sheet is recorded and sent home, keep the lists for extra practice.