Week of January 31, 2022
- February 14 - Valentine's Day Parties in afternoon
- February 17 - 11:30 Dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 18 - 11:30 Dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 21 - President's Day NO SCHOOL
- Kindergarten Concert will be at the GK High School on Thursday, April 28 in the evening
Valentine's Day Heart Activity
Enjoy some time with your child decorating his/her paper heart. It is attached to this newsletter with directions. The decorated heart will be for your child's Valentine's Day Bag which will hold all of his/her Valentines from classmates.
4th Week of Weekly Blending Homework
Your child's teacher will continue to send home a Blending Word List every Wednesday. Please be sure to follow the directions and return the practiced word list each week with parent initials.
Phonics: Focus letters this week are ng and Vv
Tricky Words of the Week: by my
February's Word Family: _____est
We continue to work on more addition and subtraction. Students will need to understand the difference between the plus and minus sign. When practicing at home alternate between addition and subtraction. Use words like "more", "joined", or "how many in all" for addtion. Use words like "take away" or "how many are left" for subtraction. Say a word problem and then have your child solve.