Week of September 26, 2022
- Week of Oct. 3 – 6 – Homecoming Week
- Friday, Oct. 7 – No School – Teacher Institute Day
- Friday, Oct. 7 – GKHS Homecoming Parade 3:30pm Main Street, Genoa-Kingston CUSD #424
- Monday, Oct. 10 – No School – Columbus Day
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 – Picture Day
Phonics: Focus letters this week are Cc/Kk and Ee
Tricky Word of the Week: like
September’s Word Family: ___at
What is Blending?:
Blending is the process of saying the individual sounds in a word and then running or stretching them together to make the word. For instance, blending or sounding out /s – a – t/ and making sat.
We are blending letter sounds together in our phonics lesson to make words. This is an important reading technique that improves with practice. We will work on blending sounds together all year.
-Please read and return Book Check books. Teachers will keep track of books readn and prizes earned for the KES Reading Incentive.
-Students must wear tennis shoes (rubber soles) in P.E. in order to participate.